Chigwell Golf Club, an 18-hole private members club founded in 1925, is currently seeking to recruit highly motivated and enthusiastic Greenkeepers or Grounds Maintenance Operatives to join our ambitious and friendly team. We are looking to expand our existing team with the right candidates to help raise standards and give us extra capability for in-house project work and the completion of our outstanding 5 year course development plan. Reporting to the Course Manager, the successful candidate will contribute to the daily presentation of the course, project work and all other aspects of turf maintenance.
* Monitor and maintain good standards of health, safety and security in the workplace
* Switching, brushing and rolling
* Mowing all playing surfaces to a high standard
* Scarifying, verticutting and aerating turf
* Applying nutrition and top dressing
* Irrigating turf
* Identifying and controlling weeds, pests, and turf diseases
* The preparation and establishment of turf on the golf course
* Marking of hazards, out of bounds and ground under repair
* Maintaining bunkers
* Maintaining golf course furniture
* Changing holes and moving tee markers
* Preparing machinery for safe use and storage
* Applying the Rules of Golf in relation to golf course maintenance
* Communicating with management and reporting any issues, concerns, or defects
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with manager, colleagues and members
Qualifications and Skills:
* Previous greenkeeping OR grounds maintenance experience is essential.
* Qualified to NVQ level 2 in Amenity sportsturf or equivalent is desirable.
* The ability to work individually or as part of a team.
* A flexible approach to work as early starts and weekend work is required.
* Reliable and hardworking with excellent presentation skills and attention to detail.
* A positive attitude with good time management and communication skills.
|Contract:||Permanent, full time|
|Job Type:||Permanent, Full time|
|Contact:||Course Manager, Jeff Foulger firstname.lastname@example.org|